Monday, May 5, 2014

Only Your Sadhana Succeeded Today

Baba Krishna Das was a known Rasik saint of Vrindavan. He realized Krishna and taught a unique way of Sadhana by doing Smaran (remembrance) of Leelas of Radha and Krishna.

His devotees would try doing the Sadhana as per His instruction in the morning. Then they
would come and share with Baba Krishna Das and fellow devotees as to how it went. Baba would then give His feedback so they continue to improve.

One, one of the disciples came weeping from his Sadhana. 

Baba asked him - Why are you crying?

The disciple replied - Baba! I failed in my Sadhana today. I was getting the smaran of Radha Rani when I was trying to ornament Her right arm. But then I became so engrossed in Her beauty that my smaran could not not proceed any further. Baba! 

The disciple continued - Baba, I tried my best to disengage from that thought but I just couldn't.

Baba said to him encouragingly - Only your Sadhana was successful today. 

Moral Of The Story

The Story teaches us that when a devotee loses even the faintest thought of the world in his Sadhana, he should feel blessed that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment