Wednesday, May 21, 2014

What Is My Duty?

Rita married Rohan last month and started living with Rohan's family. Rita has been reading
what the Vedas prescribe as Dharam or the laws of Karm Marg. She not only makes notes but also tries to follow them.  

Once her husband Rohan asked - Rita! Can you please get me a glass of water?

Her father-in-law who was sitting in another room with his friend called out at the same time - Rita beta, Can you please get me my glasses?

Her mother in law just came out of her room to go out for a walk but was not able to find her slippers. And she said - Rita! Do you know where I kept my slippers?

Rita was thinking – Whom should I obey first? The Vedas tell me that my husband is my everything. But my mother-in-law is like my mother now, so she has more priority than Rohan. But my father-in-law is my mother-in-law's husband, so he is more respectable for her and hence for me too. 

And so she was really confused despite knowing Vedas. She didn't know what to do and she also did not want to make a mistake.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj teaches us that the path of Karm Dharam is very complex. It has so many rules that Shri Krishna says that I alone know all the rules. Hence, it is extremely difficult to know and follow this path. 

If at all someone is able to follow all the rules with extreme care, he will get the pleasures of heaven for only a limited amount of time. And then he will be sent back to earth in one of the 8.4 million bodies.

The reward of Karm has nothing to do with liberation from Maya or attaining the love of Shri Krishna and thus should be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment