Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Mind Is Our Enemy

Rose was a beautiful young woman. She finished her university with a decent score and soon found a job in Ford Motors. Rose had seen poverty and hardships in her childhood after the death of her father in a war. So she was delighted to earn and buy things that she had missed all her life. In no time, she also fell in love with a fellow worker Ralph. Rose and Ralph started meeting on dinners and walks and started planning a life for themselves.


Ralph once said - I wish I was a rich man and could treat you like a queen.

Rose replied - Well! I am sure there is a way to become rich even now.

Ralph asked - How? You and me do not earn enough to even pay our bills. What do you have in your mind Rose?

Rose said - It is just an idea but listen carefully. Our manager Raja's wife died with cancer. And he really gives me those looks that I feel he likes me. Raja has a mansion and expensive cars. I am sure he has a lot of money in the bank. What if I somehow get married to him?

Ralph said - But I thought you wanted to live with me and we were talking of us both getting rich.

Rose said - Yes, yes Ralph! Don't get impatient. Once I am married to Raja and have spent a few months with him, you somehow have him killed in an accident. Thats it. No one will ever suspect the two of us and all his money will become mine.

Ralph said - And then?

Rose said - And then what? We will get married and will enjoy his riches.

Ralph said - O Rose! You are a genius. I am with you. Lets become rich.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj teaches us that just like a characterless woman conspires with her
lover to get her husband killed, our mind ignores the love of the soul's real husband Shri Krishna and loves the world instead.

The mind is our enemy. It does not know where our real happiness is and does not let the soul attain the love of Shri Krishna.

No comments:

Post a Comment