Friday, June 6, 2014

A Taste Of Prem Ras - 1

Narad Ji always mentioned that the Gopis of Braja held the highest position as selfless devotees. Here is an interesting incident.

Narad Ji once saw a Gopi meditating on the bank of river Yamuna.

When she opened her eyes, Narad Ji asked – O Mother! You have been in Dhyan for so long. Is Shri Krishna your Isht Dev (God) ? Is your goal to attain Him?

She answered angrily – Don’t pronounce that name in front of me. I was trying to get rid of Krishna from my heart. He is such a nuisance. He does not let me do my work. He keeps coming to my heart and I keep forgetting  what I am doing. So my rotis (bread) burn and my husband and my mother-in-law shout at me. I want Him (Shri Krishna) out of my mind.

Moral Of The Story

Strange are the ways of love in Braj. While devotees practice to keep Krishna in their heart, this Gopi is praying to get rid of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment