Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Taste Of Prem Ras - 2

 In Brajdham, a Gopi was craving to get the association of her dear Krishna. And then while she was
working, she saw Krishna walking by.

She said to Krishna – O Kanahiya! Can you lift this cow dung for me? 

Krishna said – No No..I don't work for free.

The Gopi said – You don't have to work for free. I will give you butter in exchange. The number of times you pick it up, the same number of cups of butter you will get. 

Krishna said – OK. This sounds but better. But neither me nor you know how to count, so how will we remember how many times I picked up the dung? 

The Gopi said – I have an idea. I will make a tika (mark) on your face with the cow dung for each load. And I will remove one tika for each cup of butter I give you. OK? 

Krishna agreed. 

When everything was done, the Gopi took Krishna home. 

Krishna said – Give me the butter quickly, I have to go back home. The Gopi kept delaying so she can have more and more Darshan of Krishna. Krishna became anxious. He repeated. 

The Gopi laughed and said – Yes I am bringing it, but how beautiful are you looking Kanah! 

Krishna stood up and saw his face in water in a bucket. He could not stand Himself and washed his face. 

Krishna said – Give me the butter quickly. I have to go. 

The Gopi said – What should I give you now? There is no tika on your face now.

Moral Of The Story

God is the cause of all causes. God is the ruler of Maya as well as Jeev. God reveals, protects and destroys the worlds. Infinite number of universes are revealed from every pore of His body.

But there is one entity that controls God. And that is Love - Prem. God becomes a slave for this love. It is for this love that Krishna plays into the tricks of the Gopis - just for a cup of butter.


1 comment: