Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Touch Of Paras

The Paras or touchstone is a stone from heaven which when touches anything made of
iron into gold. Shruti was once coming back from temple. As usual, she gave some money and food to an old beggar. This was her every day routine.

The beggar said to Shruti - O little lady! If you did not give me this help, I do not know how I would have survived till today. May God give a daughter like you to everyone.

Shruti said - Never mention it Baba..you are just like my father. I just wanted to mention that I will not come to this temple everyday now. Tomorrow is my marriage and I will be living a bit far from here. Won't you bless your daughter on her marriage?

The Baba said - O my daughter! I bless you every moment. It is sad that you are leaving. But let me give you a special stone as a gift to you. Just keep it in your house where you worship. This is special and was given to me by a sage who was passing by.

Shruti thanked the Baba and came home with the stone.

Shruti's mom saw a dirty stone on Shruti's bed and thought - What has happened to this girl? While other girls collect jewellery, she collects dirty stones. Let me throw this out of the window.

As Shruti's mom threw the stone outside, the stone touched the iron lining of the window and it turned yellow. Shruti's mom was taken aback when she saw this. 

She called her husband and said - Listen! I threw a stone which Shruti brought from the temple. The stone hit the window and look at this what happened.

Shruti's father examined the window lining and said - You know what? This lining has turned into gold. The stone that you threw is a touchstone or a Paras. Lets go find it.

The couple went out and found the stone. Now they were enjoying becoming richer with every touch of the stone.

Shruti's mother touched the stone with her watch and said - Hey, I have a gold watch now.

Shruti saw this and in her heart of hearts said to Lord Krishna - O God...so it was you in the form of the beggar to bless me. Thank you God, I really thank you for coming for me.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj narrated this story to explain that whether we touch the
touchstone with iron accidentally or purposely, whether we throw it into iron or we touch it softly, the iron will become gold in all cases. This is because of the nature of the touchstone is to convert iron into gold.

Similarly if someone brings God into his mind whether with love or anger, he will get the benefit of God in both cases. Because God is pure and it is His nature to purify the mind and senses and Grace with His Bliss.

Some examples are that Lord Krishna gave His abode to Gopis who thought of Him with love. He also gave His abode to Kans who thought of Him with fear and to Shishupal who thought of Him like an enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment