Monday, June 23, 2014

Keep The Devil Busy

Once a priest Ramji meditated continuously for many days. Pleased with his meditation, a
Jin appeared.

The Jin said - Ramji! I have been sent to serve you. I will do whatever you desire me to do.

The Jin continued - However, please note Ramji that if you have nothing for me to do, I will disappear and will never come back. I cannot stay idle for even a split second.

Ramji was very happy. He was an old priest. He was poor. He had never seen any worldly pleasures. He had a small field in which no one had worked for many years.

So Ramji first asked him to plow the field, then sow seeds, then water it and guard it in the night. But whenever the Jin completed his work, he would come and ask for his next command.

Very soon Ramji became rich but he started becoming irritated with the Jin. The Jin would come and wake up Ramji in the middle of the night and ask his for the next command.

Ramji was tired and he went to an elderly wise person of the village Budhimatt Ji.

Ramji said - Sir! That Jin does not let me even sleep. The reward has turned into a curse. Please advise how should I deal with this problem?

Budhimatt Ji thought for a while and then said - Ram Ji, I think I have a solution for you. Dig a pillar in your field.

Ramji said - OK! What will that pillar do for me?

Budhimatt Ji said - Listen carefully. Tell the Jin that when there is nothing to do, he should go up and down the pillar until he gets the next command.

Ramji was very happy. He thanked the wise man and came back. And he gave the same command to the Jin.

The Jin never gave him any more trouble.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj teaches us that the mind is the vehicle to spiritual freedom and the Divine Love. But this mind, like the Jin, cannot stay free for even a split second.

Just like Ramji made the Jin busy by asking him to go up and down the pillar, we should make our mind busy in chanting the name of Radha Krishna all the time. This is the path of Bhakti which can glide us to the abode of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment