Sunday, June 22, 2014

Nishkamata of Gopis

One Gopi was fanning Radha and Krishna in the kunj. Since it was a hot day, the fanning was giving pleasure to Yugalvar. Shri Krishna turned around, looked at the Gopi and smiled as if thanking her. Shri Krishna’s smile gave so much bliss to the Gopi that she went into Samadhi and became unmovable. And so the fanning stopped.

After a few moments, she regained consciousness and realized that her fanning had stopped.  Realizing this, she cursed the Premanand that obstructed her Seva.

Moral Of The Story

Such is the level of selflessness (Nishkamata) of Gopis that the happiness of Radha Krishna is their only goal. They do not even desire the Sevanand or the Anand that they get from their Seva.

This is the reason why Narad Ji says that Gopis are the teachers (Acharyas) of selfless love. And Shri Krishna says that although I gave my abode to both the Gopis who loved me selflessly and Putana who came with an intention to kill me, I am totally indebted to the Gopis and will never be able to free myself of that debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment