Wednesday, June 18, 2014

God Prefers Karm Yogis

One day Narad Ji visited Lord Krishna. 


He said  - O Lord! I wanted to know who is your most favorite devotee? 

Actually Narad Ji was always a staunch devotee of Lord Krishna and he wanted to be appreciated by the Lord. 

Lord Krishna said - Welcome Narad Ji! You have asked a good question. Actually I was just thinking of  a farmer who is my most favorite devotee. 

Narad Ji was shocked. He decided to test the devotion of that farmer. He visited the farmer's house early morning and noticed that the farmer after feeding cows and short prayer went to field for work. In the evening the farmer returned and again after the short prayer and spending time with family went to sleep. 

Narad Ji was puzzled that how this farmer could be the best devotee of the Lord if he
remembers His name just twice a day.

Narad Ji returned to Lord Krishna and asked Him the reason for His judgement. 

Lord Krishna said - Narad Ji! I know you are curious but before I answer you, can you
please walk to my palace with this earthen pot. This water is special. So please ensure that not a single drop of water drops from it. 

Narad Ji followed His order and walked to the palace. But while walking he was extremely careful that not a single drop of water falls on earth. Having placed the pot in the palace carefully, Narad Ji returned. 

Lord Krishna asked Narad Ji - Narad Ji! Tell me how many times did you remember Me or utter My name while walking with the pot?

Narad Ji replied - O Lord! My entire attention was on the Seva and I did not remember or utter your name even once. 

Lord Krishna now said - O Narad Ji! That farmer has so many responsibilities but still he manages to  remember me. He is a real Karm Yogi. And I love those devotees who fulfill their duties and remember me at the same time. That is why he is my most favorite devotee.

Narad Ji understood.  He felt overwhelmed that Lord had so mercifully taught him that he should not have any pride for his devotion.

Moral Of The Story

A Karm Sanyasi ignores his material duties and tries to involve himself only in devotion. Whereas a Karm Yogi does his duties and practices devotion at the same time.

Krishna says that when He descends to earth, even He cannot ignore His duties as a son, a friend, a lover, a husband and as a king. This is despite the fact that He is eternally free and will not get the result of any of His actions.

And that is the reason he loves Karm Yogis more than the Karm Sanyasis. I love the devotion of a Karm Yogi because he lives in the fire of the world and still does not get burnt. In other words, a Karm Yogi lives in the physical world but does not get trapped in attachments, ego or Raag/Dvesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment