Thursday, June 5, 2014

God Must Give What You Pray For

A demon wanted to achieve Parvati Ji. And so he did great Tapa to please Shankar Ji.
 

Shankar Ji, also called Bholenath was pleased with his Tapasya and appeared.

He said to the demon - I am very pleased with your austerities. Please ask for a boon.

The demon said – O Mahadev! I ask for a power that he should die on whose head I place my hand. 

Bhole Shankar knew that the demon would misuse the power but since due to the demon's austerities and prayers, he had to give the boon. 

And so he said - Tatha Astu! (The boon is granted!)

The demon then asked – O Mahadev! Did you actually give me the boon? How do I know that I have the power? Can I test it on your head?  The trick in the demon's head was to kill Shankar Ji, so he could get Parvati Ji.

Shankar Ji said - No No! That will kill me. And so he ran and the demon followed. 

Shankar Ji ran to Shri Krishna. He told Him what had happened and asked Him for His protection. 

The demon approached Shri Krishna and said - Where is Mahadev? I want to test if he gave
me the power. I think he fooled me.

Shri Krishna told the demon – You are wise and you are right. Did you believe Shankar Ji? He just cheats people's trust by giving fake boons. I just saw that you kept your hand on your own head and nothing happened.

The demon said - Did I? Let me try again.

And as soon as the demon put his hand on his head, he died. And thus Shri Krishna saved Shankar Ji from his own power.

Moral Of The Story

If God is pleased with your Bhakti, He is bound to fulfill your desire - whatever it may be. You can ask for a material reward, liberation or God's Divine Love. It is entirely your choice. 

But God is bound by His own law to give what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment