Friday, April 18, 2014

This Is All I Can Offer

Ramesh needed money for his daughter's marriage. He was a poor man and had just enough income for him and his family to survive.

Ramesh asked all his relatives. Can you help? Can you lend me money? I will return it as soon as I
save enough.

Looking at his age and his income, no one was willing to help him.

One day, Ramesh met Dinesh, his childhood friend. The two sat together for hours and talked of memories of olden days. Ramesh told Dinesh of his financial state and the need of money for his daughter's marriage. Dinesh was a generous person but he himself was not so well to do. He asked Ramesh to come home someday and he will help as much as possible.

So Ramesh once visited his friend in expectation of this help.

Ramesh - Dinesh, my friend! I finally thought I should visit you and get the financial help from you that you promised.

Dinesh - Oh yes Ramesh! I will give you everything I have. Here you go!
Dinesh forwarded an envelope which seemed have some cash in it.

Ramesh opened the envelope and found Rs 500 in it. He was shocked.
Ramesh - My friend, this is only Rs 500. These days, a marriage cannot be done in less than a hundred thousand rupees. This is nothing.

Dinesh said - Well! That's what I have. This is all I can offer.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj teaches us that we, the souls are searching for our Anand for
countless lives. The problem is that we are looking for it in the world instead of God.

This story teaches us that the world is selfish and will never like to help

But even if we found someone very kind and generous, he will not be able to help because any person, still under the control of Maya, is himself without Anand or a beggar. How can he make another person happy? What can he give us if he himself has nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment