Sunday, April 6, 2014

When You Get The World, You Can Easily Forget God


Lord Ram Killing King Bali
Lord Ram killed Bali and made Sugriv the king of Kishkindha. Sugriv vowed to help Lord Ram to find Sita Mata. However, Sugriv after getting exposed to the pleasures of the world after a long period of hardships forgot everything and was lost in enjoying himself.

One day Lord Ram said to Lakshman – Sugriv did not come. He promised to help in the search of Sita. Can you go and talk to him?

Lakshman went to see Sugriv. The guards of Kishkindha rushed inside and summoned Sugriv.


Sugriv – O Lakshman! What do you want? Why have you come here?

Lakshman – What did you say? Why has Lakshman come? Let me remind you.
Lakshman was very furious and he pulled out an arrow to shoot.
Sugriv was frightened and he said – Yes, Yes! I remember now. I have to help
Lord Ram in searching for Sita Mata. I am really sorry for the delay. Since I was suddenly exposed to the material pleasures, I forgot my vow. I am extremely sorry for that.

Moral Of The Story

Jagadguru Shri Kripalu Ji Maharaj points out that the material pleasures and our spiritual duties do not normally co-exist.
This story shows us how the material opulence can easily make one (under the influence of Maya) forget God.

No comments:

Post a Comment